Interactive Metronome & IM-Home Blog
Get the latest news on Interactive metronome training, it's application and breakthroughs as well as insights in the science behind it and the latest tips and success stories from clients and therapist using IM and IM-Home.
We are really exited for Thanksgiving this year as you might be also. Aside from the hectic travel that usually accompanies this holiday and the stories about underdone or overdone turkeys, it’s a great family holiday and we at Interactive Metronome® want to give you tips that could prepare you for your thanksgiving dinner:
- Most important thing is practice with your child the same setting, children with Autism react better to things they already know.
- Let your guess know in advance what his condition is and what foods does he like so they are prepared.
- If you have pictures of past Thanksgiving holidays, show them to your child beforehand so he knows what to expect
- Those of you who have IM-Home, you might want to do a session that Thursday morning.
- Make sure your child feels confortable at the table; this might required his/her favorite stuffed animal or toy car.
Make sure that you and your family members use positive reinforcements and recognize good behavior, such as saying “good job” when your child does what he is supposed vs. only telling him when he is bad.
We hope this helps and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!!! Gobble Gobble, Gobble…